Sunday, April 24, 2005

Anxiety

I have been feeling a little anxious. So, tonight when Sweety (cat, a male) didn't come home, I began to worry big time. I let him out at 1pm and it is windy and 42 outside. I was more worried than I have been in a long time. I spent about 1 1/2 hrs feeling like this. About 10 minutes ago I prayed (finally!) about it and asked God to bring Sweety home and take care of my anxiety and a moment later a sweet peace came over me. I heard Sweety cry in my mind's eye and I went to the back door and called him quietly. He wasn't there then I saw a flash of his eyes and he was running toward the door. Thank you, God for bringing our little fella home. I feel so bad about letting him out anyhow but he tries to get out all the time and wants it so badly. I just worry he will get hit by a car. We live in a quiet neighborhood but I think that's what happened to Booger and we don't ever want to go through that again. Thank you again, God.

1 comment:

Envoy-ette said...

My mom use to do that with us. She had 4 daughters...and when we were out and about as teenagers...she would worry, get on her knees and pray. "Send my guardian angle to theirs and whisper in their ear to COME HOME." Well...we would get this feeling of "gotta get HOME..now!" Mom never told us until we became parents what her secret was! It worked EVERYTIME.