Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Evil's Willing Followers

Evil's Willing Followers

Very interesting article about the Holocaust. It's actually a review of a movie about Hitler called "Downfall". If we see Hitler as a mere man, how do we explain the complicity of the German people in the Holocaust? I am just interested in how large groups of people can be convinced of an evil that doesn't exist (the Jews, attacks by other countries) by an evil person or persons. I am interested in group thinking and mindset and how to prevent something like this in the future.

It doesn't happen on an open page. It happens very insidiously. I guess in our times of corporate owned media, the validity of information we receive as a large mass of people concerns me. Thank goodness for the internet! I don't know how I would think if I didn't check out news sites from other countries. It would be a lot more difficult to receive balanced information. Of course, I guess you could always watch the F station. Isn't that fair and balanced? Ha Ha!

No comments: